Michaels deals and Gifts & Crafts catalogues in your city
See more offers
Something you might be interested in about Michaels ...
Michaels is one of the biggest arts and crafts supply stores in North America. It was opened around 40 years ago in Texas.
All about Michaels
Michaels is an arts and crafts store that sells a large range of supplies for creative types to make whatever it is they like. There are on average 40,000 products at any given Michaels location!
Some of Michaels' most popular products include artificial flowers, wall decór, supplies for crafts like jewelry making and scrapbooking, seasonal items, and even products for baking. It's the largest arts and crafts chain in the United States.
There are lots of ways to get a good deal at Michaels, especially if you visit Michaels.com. They have a coupons section where you can collect Michaels coupon codes and discounts (some may require your zip code). You can also stay up-to-date on the latest Michaels discounts here on Tiendeo!
The history of Michaels
Michaels has over 1,200 stores in the U.S. and Canada. It was founded in 1976 in Dallas, Texas by Michael J. Dupey. The original location stayed open until 1990 until it was replaced by a different store. Even though the original store didn't stay open, by fall 2008 Michaels was celebrating the opening of its 1000th store.
In 2010, Micahels began bringing back some of its classes that teach shoppers what they can do with the supplies they buy at the store, includings its 10 private brands you can only find at their locations. Today, Micheals employes nearly 44,000 people across the United States, and it's become the biggest arts and crafts retailer, too.
Good Housekeeping blogger Beth Kaufman shared the secrets to saving big money when shopping at Michaels.
You can save major money at Michaels Arts & Crafts if you know how. Good Housekeeping blogger Beth Kaufman shared her 9 best tips for saving money at the craft store:
- Combine different types of coupons.
- Bring in competitors’ coupons (Michaels accepts them with a few restrictions).
- Download the Michaels app to consolidate current offers.
- Know when the best coupons go out. They always have a 40% or 50% off coupon for one item.
- Be flexible about when you shop. They recently posted an offer on their Facebook page that was only good from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Show an employee an ad with the same product at a lower price, and they’ll adjust the price for you.
- Take your kids to their craft classes for in-store babysitting.
- Look at the $2 grab bags near checkout.
- Take advantage of holiday markdowns.