Sports Authority deals and Sports catalogues in your city
See more offers
Find Sports Authority in your city
- Sports Authority in New York
- Sports Authority in Los Angeles CA
- Sports Authority in Chicago
- Sports Authority in Houston
- Sports Authority in San Francisco CA
- Sports Authority in Dallas TX
- Sports Authority in Miami
- Sports Authority in Phoenix
- Sports Authority in San Antonio
- Sports Authority in Las Vegas
- Sports Authority in San Jose CA
- Sports Authority in San Diego
Something you might be interested in about Sports Authority ...
After several mergers, Sports authority, Gart Sports, Sportmart, and Oshman’s all started to operate under Sports Authority’s name in 2006. The stores sell plenty of different brands but also its own such as Alpine Design, Sims, Aspire, SA Gear, Tommy Armour and Ram, and Bodyfit. The company employs about 14,250 people and GSI Commerce operates its website.
Sports Authority is going to close all of its 450+ stores in the United States.
Sports Authority has decided to shut down all of its more than 450 stores in the United States after filing for bankruptcy. Despites its well-known name, the stores were unable to secure a buyer and couldn’t reach an agreement with their creditors and lenders.
The sporting goods store used to be one of the largest in the United States and Puerto Rico.The closure process will take a period of about 3 months, though many stores have already begun the process of shutting down and selling off the merchandise they have left.
So, what went wrong with Sports Authority? They had a hard time fending off the competition from new stores, especially online but also with physical stores.
It’s probably some small consolation to Sports Authority fans that they’ll be able to get some great deals on Sports Authority merchandise at the closing sales.